With the advancements in medical science, the number of methods available for birth control is on the rise. Some studies suggest that birth control for abortion can be used effectively, while others only believe that it can prevent pregnancy and not affect present pregnancies.
Before we clear the air around birth control and its use for abortion, let us first discuss some common forms of birth control and their efficiency in preventing pregnancy.
- Continuous abstinence: 100% effective in preventing pregnancy and STD/STIs.
- Surgical Sterilization: Permanent surgical methods can effectively prevent either a woman’s eggs from reaching the uterus (in tubal litigation) or a man’s sperm from entering a woman (in vasectomy) during intercourse. The failure rate is a mere 1%.
- Male condoms: Prevent sperm from reaching the egg. The estimated rate of failure is 11% to 16%.
- Female condoms: Prevents the sperm from reaching the egg. Failure in the case of female condoms is around 20%.
- Diaphragm: A shallow latex cup that can be fitted by using a visit to the medical care provider. It has a failure rate of 15%.
- Cervical cup: A thimble-shaped cup, with a failure rate that can vary from 14% to 29%.
- Fertility awareness method: Maintaining abstinence or using other methods depending on the hormone cycle to prevent pregnancy. The method is hard to perfect and thus has a 25% failure rate.
What kind of birth control method you use is a matter of personal choice and your health conditions.
At Her Smart Choice, we can help you select the most appropriate method of birth control depending on your choices and situation.
Birth control methods like the emergency “morning after” pill, hormonal vaginal contraceptive ring, patch, oral contraceptive, Depo-Provera, and intra-uterine devices can also be options worth considering.
Now, it is important that you understand that all forms of birth control cannot act as an option for abortion.
A pregnancy termination pill called the medical abortion and surgical abortion are the safest and sure-shot methods of terminating an existing pregnancy.
Before you make use of any method of birth control, contraception, or abortion, it is important to get advice from experts.
Using unsuitable methods can be a risky proposition, and have negative effects on your overall health.
At Her Smart Choice, your sexual and reproductive health and wellness if our primary concerns.
We will make sure you are offered the right solution depending on your condition, health, and need. At Her Smart Choice, you will not just get many choices, but also the proper guidance and information to make a smart choice.
Other than being a preferred choice among low-cost abortion clinics, Her Smart Choice is also a reliable center for gathering information, getting checked for STD/STI, and for discussing fertility and reproductive health issues.
No matter what your concerns are, we, with our experts are always ready to help you find the most viable options and make a smart choice.