Which Type of Abortion is Right for You?vikramkadmin
Which Type of Abortion is Right for You?
Her Smart Choice Women’s Health Center Educational Series Presents ‘Which Type Of Abortion Is Right For You?’ abortion
Did you know 1 in 4 women in the US will have an abortion by the age of 45?
There are two different ways an abortion can be performed in an OB/GYN’s office.
- The first is a medical abortion – meaning the abortion or pregnancy termination is completed by taking pills orally.
- The second is a surgical abortion. It’s performed as a standard surgical procedure called a D&C (Dilatation and Curettage) at a clinic or hospital.
The type of procedure you choose depends on several factors, including:
- How far along you are in your pregnancy?
- Which procedures are available in your area?
- What are your personal preferences?
Options available may be different at different stages of pregnancy.
You might choose a medication abortion if you are less than ten weeks and wish to avoid an invasive procedure and anesthesia and prefer the privacy of being at home when you pass the pregnancy.
The benefits of medical abortion are (abortion pills):
- No instruments or suction will be used, so you will not be exposed to the chance of cervical injury and uterine perforation that rarely occur with surgical abortion.
- There is a very small likelihood of infection after medical abortion.
- You will be at home during the actual abortion process.
If you are more than ten weeks pregnant, you might consider a surgical or aspirational abortion. This process takes place at a clinic or hospital under anesthesia. The abortion will be completed in one to two days. The time spent in the clinic is generally three to six hours.
The benefits of surgical abortion are:
- It can be performed later in the pregnancy than a medical abortion.
- It usually involves only one visit to the clinic.
- There’s usually less bleeding and cramping than with a medical abortion.
To schedule an appointment, please Click Here
For additional information, please visit hersmartchoice.com.
Get SOCIAL with us!
Her Smart Choice
Your Life. Your Decision. Your Smart Ch♀ice.