What Should You Look For In An Abortion?
We understand it is difficult to know that you are pregnant and not ready! If you have made your decision to terminate or thinking about terminating your pregnancy, here are a few major factors you want to consider:
- Is it safe?
- What methods are available?
- Will I be able to have kids in the future?
- How much pain or bleeding will I have?
- Where can I get the procedure done?
- What are my benefit and expected outcomes?
- What does it cost?.
- What is the difference between Medical and Surgical Abortion?
Many women have questions about what is true or not based on what they have heard about abortion:
- MYTH 1: Abortion is dangerous.
♀ FACT: Legal abortion is one of the safest medical procedures available today. While abortion does have some risks, on the whole, carrying a pregnancy and giving birth have been found to be riskier than having an abortion. It is important to know that abortion performed by someone who is not trained (for example, by a woman herself or someone who is not a health care provider) may not be safe and can lead to serious complications, including bleeding, infection, infertility, and even death.
- MYTH 2: Abortion will make me infertile.
♀ FACT: When an abortion is performed safely by someone who has the training, it does not lead to difficulty getting pregnant in the future.
- MYTH 3: Abortion increases the risk of breast cancer.
♀ FACT: Several studies have conclusively shown that having an abortion does not increase the risk of developing breast cancer.
- PROBABLE MYTH 4: Abortion increases my chance of miscarriage in the future.
♀ FACT: A number of well-designed studies have found that early abortions do not increase the risk of miscarriage, preterm delivery, or other complications with future pregnancies.
Your health care provider is the best source of information for questions and concerns related to your medical problem.
To schedule an appointment, please Click Here
For additional information, please visit hersmartchoice.com.
Get SOCIAL with us!
Her Smart Choice
Your Life. Your Decision. Your Smart Ch♀ice.